Are you looking for a flooring option that provides beauty and elegance without having to pay a heavy cost? Then vinyl flooring might just be what you need! Vinyl flooring is a type of synthetic flooring that provides plenty of versatility and perks. They are a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms due to their stability and durability in resisting stains and water. Most importantly, vinyl floorings are able to complement any home.
By opting for a monthly installment plan in Singapore for your vinyl flooring, you’ll be able to refurbish your home to the way that you desire. A monthly installment plan will allow you to receive the funds that you require for home renovation, while paying a lower monthly payment fee over a longer period. This ensures that you can continue to manage your finances and take control of your financial future while changing the look of your home through vinyl flooring.
Before you decide to go with vinyl flooring, here are a few important things you need to know!
1. Types of vinyl flooring
Vinyl flooring is available in many different designs, textures, types and colours. This gives you ample choices of decoration as vinyl floorings can range from ceramic-looking floors to hardwood, offering a great visual appearance to your home. There are three main types of vinyl flooring you need to know.
- Vinyl sheets: Bigger and wider than the other types of vinyl flooring, vinyl sheets come in many different textures, patterns and colours, offering plenty of design options for your home. Vinyl sheets are ideal for kitchens and bathrooms as they are water-resistant and has the ability to withstand rolling or cracking.
- Vinyl tiles: By providing an affordable ceramic-tile look to your home, vinyl tiles are also ideal for the kitchen or the bathroom. As they are much more durable and sturdy, vinyl tiles can withstand much more wear and tear due to their protective coating. They are a little more expensive than other types of vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl planks: They resemble a hardwood floor due to their richness and deep textures. These planks of vinyl have a layer of foam core that is installed over it to provide the floor with strength and rigidity. Vinyl planks can minimise sound, absorb shock, and can be installed on a plethora of different existing floors, such as wood, tile, and concrete.
In general, vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for bathrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, and basements.
2. Vinyl flooring maintenance
Vinyl floorings are one of the easiest to maintain, especially if you clean your home daily. Due to their clear wear layer which efficiently protects floors from dust and common stains, cleaning on your own is a breeze. Here are a few essential cleaning and maintenance tips for vinyl flooring that you need to know.
- Sweeping or dusting daily can prevent particles or dust from staying on the floor over long periods. Use a damp cloth to mop the floor once you have finished dusting or sweeping.
- Wipe any water that you find on the vinyl as the polish and shine of the floor can be affected when left for long periods. For tough stains, use a mild soap that is ideal for your vinyl flooring, which can be found in maintenance instructions that come with the installation of your vinyl flooring.
- Avoid dragging heavy objects through vinyl flooring as they can leave permanent scratches. Rather than avoiding heavy objects completely, you can use alternative solutions such as flat-floor protectors.
3. Cost of vinyl flooring
If you have decided to opt for vinyl flooring, then it is vital to understand the costs per square foot. As one of the most economical flooring options, you will be looking to spend between $2-$12 per square foot during installation. Vinyl tiles, on the other hand, might cost a little more on average, between $3-$14 per square foot. When compared to other flooring options such as ceramic, stone, and wood, vinyl flooring can help you save significantly!
While vinyl flooring is an economical option for many homeowners, not many have sufficient funds required to make the switch over to vinyl flooring. This is where alternative funding options can prove vital. Many licensed moneylenders in Singapore offer homeowners solutions without damaging their finances. They provide loans for your financial situation, such as personal loans and easy cash loans, so that you can use them to tide you through these short-term expenditures.
For homeowners facing much more financial stress, you should contact a list of licensed moneylenders and opt for a consolidation loan. This loan ensures that all of your loans and debts will be paid off by the licensed moneylender, and you will only need to pay a single monthly repayment fee that is reduced significantly. A consolidation loan also plays a vital role in helping you to secure and take better control over your financial future.
Everyone wishes for a dream home makeover, but it is possible with the right financial solution! If you are considering vinyl flooring installation, then follow the tips above and make your home renovation a success.